BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Apollo Heights: Sad Caberet/ Sad Caberet (Remix)/ Reverie/ Reverie (Remix)
Black Vinyl12" Vinyl Single Record
No Longer Available
SummaryDisques Sinthomme brings a special offering for its fifth release, a stunning EP from Apollo Heights. Rising from the ashes of seminal Chapel Hill group The Veldt, (Capitol /Polyvinyl) identical twins Danny and Daniel Chavis formed Apollo Heights in 2002. Their sonic alchemy is a soulful aggregate of Balearic vibes, grinding acid rock, and lyric new romanticism. Driven by Danny's guitar washes and Daniel's falsetto voice, Apollo Heights fashions a dream state where soulful southern vibes meet sleazy European ennui. Having toured with the Cocteau Twins, Oasis, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and TV on the Radio, Apollo Heights have developed a stunning stage presence to compliment their studio acumen.
Both Sad Cabaret and Reverie are emblematic of the Apollo Heights sound, Searing vocals, fluid guitar work, meaningful lyrics and a distinct mood emanate from each of these original gems.
For this EP Disques Sinthomme has enlisted two heavyweights for remix duties Phil Mison and Max Essa.
One of the creators of the Café del Mar sound Phil Mison is a legendary Balearic DJ and producer. Through his own productions and work as Cantoma, and his collaborative work with Pete Herbert ( Reverso 68 ) he has developed a distinct chromatic style. His work on Sad Cabaret lifts the song into a shimmering bounce that brings the lilt of the original to a dance floor boil.
Tokyo resident Max Essa took on his remix of Reverie right after the devastating earthquake/tsunami in Sendai. His mix reflects the intensity of those events and emphasizes the lyric urgency of the song. Max's track "Back to the Beach" was one of the great tracks of 2008 and he has continued with stellar work on his Jansen Jardin label, as well as the Need Want and Is it Balearic labels. His treatment of the song brings a characteristic tonal dynamic to the track. Reset in a minor key the song has a Bowie like vibe.
|2. ||Sad Cabaret (Phil Mison Remix)|
Producer: Phil Mison
|4. ||Reverie (Max Essa Remix)|
Producer: Max Essa
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help