• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: Beyond Style (Posted: 11/30/2003 4:59:00 AM)
Comment: Check the lineup, this is hot! The beat could be better but it suits the flow, the lyrics prove their worth.
|Name: high-c (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:23:00 PM)|
Comment: In1996, on DJ Honda’s self-titled debut Guru spoke of his consistency on a track titled, “What You Expected.” The track, which was a superior standout on the LP, validated his deep-rooted style employing an “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” attitude. Although four years later Guru’s method is still far from being in need of repair, perhaps he should try to deliver a little more than just “What You Expected.” Appearing on A.G.’s solo LP, “The Dirty Version,” this track comes entirely too straightforward. No curveballs. No changeups. It’s just exactly what you expected. And that isn’t necessarily all bad. O.C. definitely perks things up with his vivacious flow, while the characteristically choppy Premier instrumental keeps the neck bending with each piano stab. Even though the team didn’t exactly go above and beyond the call of duty, this is still some quality stuff. If nothing else, at least they’ve set the status quo for a new generation to come and redefine.