• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3.2 Stars)||Total Comments: 5|
Name: the wiz (Posted: 5/22/2005 4:24:00 AM)
Summary: Respected In The Game
Comment: It's good to hear Brand Nubian back on to scene. Lord J is getting much respect as a beat maker and they still sound on point as a team. Thumbs Up!!
Name: itsallafarce (Posted: 5/18/2005 5:58:00 PM)
Comment: I don't know. I think that the beat is a bit played. It's that piano and sped up voice shit that makes it sound like a lot of other beats out there on the radio and what not. Lyrics are good as usual. It's not too bad check it!
Name: djplanet (Posted: 2/7/2005 1:01:00 AM)
Summary: Lord Jamar Will Live Long...
Comment: I love Brand Nubian, and I will always give their music a chance. But I can't really recommend this one. I just didn't like the sound of a sped up vocal sample over piano hits. Other than that, the Brand Nubian's are still strong vocally, but it's just not enough. I'll wait for the remix.
Name: Trees (UGHH Staff) (Posted: 12/5/2004 9:35:00 PM)
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Summary: I Didn't Know What To Expect..
Comment: Been a minute since I heard some new Nubian. I must say.. It's not bad. The sample is definitely used correctly. Lord Jamar does a nice job on the production. Check this.
|Name: Shade (Posted: 12/1/2004 12:56:00 PM)|
Comment: Lord Jamar and the Brand Nub gods bring the message thorough on “Young Son.” On the beat, Jamar flips the sample sinister and hooks up the dope drums. There's a nasty piano groove punctuating the atmosphere to set the emcees off. Puba, Sadat and crew grab your ear with the time-tested knowledge flow. Cop this one immediately!