• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(5 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: sas i am (Posted: 6/29/2007 1:49:00 PM)
Summary: Anyway U Look @ It, This Sh*t Is Amazing
Comment: This song damn near melted my face off. I NEED this track to bump on a regular basis! Ant's beat is supreme! Thank you UGHH for giving this particular 'gift' of talent, life, & soul!
|Name: DJ Sho Nuff (Posted: 6/18/2007 9:58:00 PM)|
Damn, I’m really feeling the white piece of vinyl, “Palm the Joker”, in Brother Ali’s American flag colored, American culture-critiquing trio of new singles. The sound is optimistic and upbeat as the beat is paced by a section of horns. Brother Ali rides the beat to perfection, as though the two are in complete synergy. Can’t believe I just used the word “synergy” in a review. A simple “his flow and timing are right on beat” probably would have sufficed. I dig Brother Ali. I dig the fact that he’ll rhyme about just nearly anything except fronting in a club or corny clichéd love triangles that you hear on Hot 88.2 or Jamz 92.1 of Fresh 96.3 or whatever your regional “hip hop ends here” station. Religion, politics, war, disease, poverty, illness, genuine emotion, all fair game with Brother Ali. Even if I don’t always exactly “get” what he’s trying to tell me, I like listening to how he says it. Take for instance these “Palm the Joker” lines: “Living in a well, self-made hell, medicated, dwelling in a pit within myself, I waste time patiently suffering the pain.” I don’t know. Maybe it’s just some convoluted poetry, but honestly you should at least hear the way he says it over the beat. Dope. Plus I like trying to figure it out ‘cause odds are Brother Ali’s much smarter than me and trying to tell me some shit that could help me out.