• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 6|
Name: itsallafarce (Posted: 5/18/2005 6:05:00 PM)
Comment: This track is nice, emphasis came with a real good head nod beat and the duo of Laidlaw and 2na was good as to be expected. Overall this song gives you that nostalgic chillin' during summer havin' a BBQ. Definetely worth checkin' out!!
Name: Wordsmith Squared (Posted: 2/2/2005 9:48:00 PM)
Summary: Nice Cut
Comment: Emphasis kills it on the beat, and both emcees give a solid performance.
Name: djplanet (Posted: 1/27/2005 8:32:00 PM)
Summary: Laidlaw, Doesn't Match Up.
Comment: You know I have to disagree. I love the beat on this one, and Chali 2na is dope, but Laidlaw is below average. He ruins the whole experience for me. Imagine if it were just 2na. Yeah you get the picture. Thumbs up to the halfway mark.
Name: Tha Overlord (Posted: 12/10/2004 12:27:00 PM)
Comment: LaidLaw & producer Emphasis both from the up and coming L.A. based Hip Hop crew "Live Radio" represent nicely on this Fish Market single. The lyrics are on point and you can certainly vibe out to the beat. It is always a pleasure to hear Chali's rumbling tone but I wish he would have spit more bars. I'll agree w/ Borna - "Solid" song.
Name: bornah (Posted: 12/5/2004 9:11:00 PM)
Comment: The hook is so lovely. 2na and especially Laidlaw rip it up. Emphasis' beat is a stoney classic. I hear this cat Emphasis is super dope and is about to blow.
|Name: Shade (Posted: 12/1/2004 12:56:00 PM)|
Comment: Laidlaw and the 2na man team up on this solid single. Lyrically, I was impressed with the emcess' performances, but Chali 2na's patented, baritone flow can't be avoided. The single is yet another exhibit of why Chali 2na remains one of the most listenable poets in the game. The beat possesses a strong west-coast feel, so the vibe is most definitely relaxed.