• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Ice Gorilla (Posted: 8/3/2006 5:37:00 PM)|
Comment: I really wanted to love this song. The opening fifteen seconds of brassy horn are a head-nodding throwback to the days when ATCQ still ruled the rap world and it is fantastic. The simple snare beat infused with a simple high-octave piano tinkle compliment Dooly-O’s almost Biz Markie-esque flow, but the song never lives up to its Golden Era-harkening intro. Instead, Dooly-O’s flow devolves into a sort of brain-dead rhyme-scheme, severely lacking in strong lyrical content. The song never fully falls apart, but Dooley-O’s promising beat quickly loses its shine, and his lowbrow rap braggadocio can’t keep the song altogether interesting.