• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: SharpestInTheShed (Posted: 4/26/2003 5:30:00 AM)
Summary: It Would Be Better Acapella
Comment: The beat reminds me of the kinda beats I used to make back when I was a youngling on acid pro, although I was extremely talented, but that was for a kid. But anyway the guitar loop is annoying, but El Gant is still fresh and his rhymes are still crisp. Underground hip hop doesn't have the best examples of how El Gant can rip it up on a track, so I recommend further checking him out. Any true hip hop head will discover that he is dope, so cop it.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 2/9/2003 6:43:00 PM)|
Comment: Starting with a player piano sample from what sounds like an ancient commercial selling some kind of food item, "Deliciously Different" instantaneously earns points for originality. Unfortunately, the subsequent sub-hair-metal guitar sample that holds the track sounds quite corny. Mix this with the even more corny "Deliciously Different" sample I mentioned before, and the experience is quite grating. If you're using a cheesy sample, it's nice to juxtapose it with something really enjoyable and dope. Corny plus corny is just, well, corny. And it's a shame since El Gant has a good flow and some amusing battle rhymes. Pass on "Deliciously Different."