• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: SharpestInTheShed (Posted: 4/26/2003 5:19:00 AM)
Summary: El Gant Is At It Again
Comment: I find it funny when Les refers to the booming bass, considering there isnít one. Although the piano loop is simple, it's a head banger. El Gant's flo contributes to this head bang effect, and the lyrical content adds a smile. I like what this cat is doing right now, when I think of why I like underground hip hop I think of emcees like El Gant holdin' it down with sick lyrics and tight flows.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 2/9/2003 6:43:00 PM)|
Comment: Piano samples are never a bad thing and Psycho Les has a nice one up his sleeve. El Gant makes up for the bizarre and aggravating "Deliciously Different" with "Holdin' It Down." Mr. Gant sounds much more furious this time around, and his rhymes are just vicious (the Chandra Levy reference is pushing it a little too far though). Les was never the best MC, but it's still nice to hear him on the mic. And hey, finally someone has created an enjoyable hook. Click play and nod your head.