• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: arcanum_kat (Posted: 4/29/2005 2:19:00 AM)
Comment: It's a slick track. I definitely jived the samples and some of those distorted melodies they bring in towards the end, but the beat is a bit choppy and repetitive. I don't mind it though. It's an ok track.
Name: purehiphop (Posted: 4/19/2005 8:14:00 PM)
Comment: I love soul beats. This one is just average. Everyone can't be Pete Rock but this could have been better. With that being said, worth a listen or two.
|Name: Slang (Posted: 4/7/2005 10:56:00 AM)|
Comment: Soul music? Close. Hezekiah does implement two of the necessities for a soul-like hip-hop track; he's got the funky samples and he's got the overweight black guy with a smooth but husky voice singing the hook. Other than that, the drums are a bit choppy as is the rhyming, and the subject matter is neither new nor exciting. Somehow the track does come off well though, with a Roots-esque, groovy vibe. At least check it out once, and if you're feeling it give it that extra listen.