• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: high-c (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:23:00 PM)|
Comment: There's a sect of orthodox Rawkus followers out there who, regardless of a release's quality, will praise the imprint until they're blue in the face. I am not one of them. So be forewarned, here comes more blasphemy from the bearer of bad tidings. ‘Dirty Decibels' ranks no higher than mediocre in my book. I'm thinking they were banking on the Pharoahe Monch-cameo hook to strengthen the track, but the effort just comes up short. It's catchy and definitely has that ‘sing-a-long' appeal, but beyond that, I'm just not feeling it. The production isn't exactly dazzling either, offering a single verse loop with some minor embellishments under the hook. As far as the purchase decision goes, here, it all depends on your budget. If you're a cat with some major-label funding, hell, get two. But, for those who's finance book falls somewhere in the independent realm, um, well... (see the MHz review).