• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: properspeaks (Posted: 6/17/2004 11:22:00 PM)
Summary: New Samples Please...
Comment: The same exact beat/sample is track #14 "Good to You" on Talib Kweli's "Quality." He does a way better job riding this production.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 6/11/2004 1:24:00 AM)|
Comment: It's typical for a new, mediocre MC or group in a well-established crew (Wu-Tang in this case) to bring along an established friend from said crew to pump some buzz or draw attention away from any significant mediocrity. This is sort-of the case with "Ice Water Anthem." For some reason, the beat is really familiar, and I think it might have been used before. Whichever the case, it's a good beat, but something doesn't sit right. Lyrically, Ice Water is sort-of ripping off every thug rapper of the past from the Beatnuts to entire NYC scene. Come on guys, you can do better. This song doesn't get me pumped for Ice Water. It's not awful, but I was kind of bored. Better luck next time I guess.