• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
|Name: Paul (Posted: 9/20/2004 9:32:00 PM)|
Comment: Mmmmmm....this sample is lovely. The strings and faint horns recall an old syrupy jazz tune, and the track works with a special simplicity that reminds me of Clokworx's "Mental Flux." Icon and C-Rayz display some goodness in their attacks at subpar rappers and boasts of their own considerable skill, so overall, this track gets my firm stamp of approval. Lots of underground MC's adhere much too strictly to a purist idiom, but sometime the old cliché of "if [the sound] isn't broke, don't fix it" rings true.
Name: crashlandon (Posted: 9/10/2004 6:19:00 PM)
Summary: This Song Is Just A Great Song In General.
Comment: The concept of the track, in terms of the lyrics intertwined with the beat, is really good. Blockhead really brings it hard on this track. Upon close listening, its clear all the different elements that make up the song.
The lyrics are cool too. C Rayz really dominates the track. He rhymes more and his voice is more distinct than Icon is. Their actual lyrics are both good on both, I haven't heard Icon but he brings it nicely. The chorus matches the beat and the lyrics.
The concept really drives this song. I'll pick up the 12".