• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Decypher25 (Posted: 12/17/2007 2:22:00 PM)|
Comment: Under the alias name of J-88, Slum Village circa 1999 (composed of rappers T-3, Baatin and super producer Jay Dee aka J-Dilla R.I.P.) re-release their classic song courtesy of Groove Attack. You can find Part 2 on their now-classic LP Fantastic Vol. 2, but Part 1 serves up the classic Jay Dee sound that circulated with tracks like Keith Murray’s “The Rhyme Jay Dee Remix”, Pharcyde’s “Runnin’” or A Tribe Called Quest’s “Find A Way”, bringing that mellow boom-bap of that era. For all those that still cop vinyl over Serato or Torq, this record is a certified classic Jay Dee production.