• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: Misery (Posted: 10/21/2002 5:05:00 PM)
Summary: Short But Sweet
Comment: This RZA produced track off of the “Ghost Dog” soundtrack is ill. There are some sounds in this track that RZA has used before (see Method Man's “Sub Crazy”) but he still gets the job done. Both MCs come through, especially Afu-Ra. Who better to do a song on a samurai soundtrack than RZA, Jeru and Afu-Ra? I recommend copping the whole soundtrack.
|Name: high-c (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:23:00 PM)|
Comment: As demonstrated on the neo-classic cut ‘Mental Stamina,’ Jeru and Afu mean business when they join forces. Although this track doesn’t go the extra mile production-wise, it manages to pick up all slack lyrically. I especially like the colorful line “others suck like cunnilingus.” Tasteful, no? But with all humor aside, the raw aesthetic of ‘East New York Stamp’ is what makes it a winner. Jeru and Afu continue to affirm that their skills are still as sharp as ever, firing each line without hesitation. So the instrumental sounds a little Rza-esque circa ‘Tical’ – It’s still more than adequate when combined with such competent lyricism. This one passes inspection with flying colors. This track can be found on the ‘Ghost Dog’ soundtrack in our online store.