• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Ice Gorilla (Posted: 3/22/2007 11:15:00 AM)|
Comment: The new John Legend record leaves something to be desired. Much of the album wallows in pandering sentimentality and perfume commercial orchestration. The highlight of course is Legend's soaring voice. Thus to rid one of album's bigger cuts more palatable, sacrifice the cheesy background for some hard drums and a lilting gospel loop in the background, let consummate thug Pusha T take the first sixteen bars, and all of sudden you have a song that kicks. I still find Legend a little…er…sappy lyrically, but the amped up production and rap cameo make this song at least worth listening to.