• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4.5 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: Peacock's Record Bar (Posted: 6/13/2009 8:46:00 PM; Partial IP: 09.108.229)
Location: Oxnard, CA
Comment: It's the sample that got me groovin' to it. Grainger's - Shine Your Light. I always play this joint for the funksters and it just blows their minds. They are use to hearing the original and then trip when the rap comes in.
Name: Low Income (Posted: 8/16/2006 7:06:00 PM)
Summary: That Ol' Boom Bap
Comment: Put this somewhere in one of your old school/retro mix tapes, they did a quality job on this, the production has that "boom-bap" bounce to it and holds down the emcees very well as they take it back to the old days of having fun, more good material from the J5.
|Name: DJ Sho Nuff (Posted: 8/3/2006 1:24:00 PM)|
Comment: Of all the tracks off Jurassic 5's new album Feedback, this one most effectively captures their signature sound. Uptempo. Bouncy beat. Feel good vibe. Trademark four emcees in unison chorus. Assuming that was the intent, DJ Nu-Mark successfully provides us with the musical backdrop to a typical J5 classic. The four emcees hold up their end of the bargain by deftly weaving in and out of one another, each delivering their unique flavor to the project. And my personal favorite aspect of the song, and this group in particular, is the way Jurassic 5 breaks from the standard 16-8 bar format. The beat changes up, the chorus alters, and the emcees jump in and out at whim, creating the effect of improvisation. Gives the song a carefree, you can't hold me down nor predict my next move type of feel.