• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: high-c (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:23:00 PM)|
Comment: Serving as the ghetto’s answer to a Jeff Foxworthy redneck bit, Kardinal Offishall brings a concept cut that sounds like a loser before the needle is even dropped. However, when the stylus actually does hit the wax the track catches you off-guard, provoking a chuckle or two if not an all-out head nod. Comical mentions to rocking “MC Lite earrings from 1987” and “flossin’ on the street in your rental car” keep the track amusing while the nice jazzy instrumental loops in the background. Although the hook is predictably lame, give the guys credit for changing things up and backing it with a new loop. And while we’re talking about production, see if you can answer this: Am I crazy or is that main loop the same one Premier chopped for ‘Livin’ Proof?’ Give it a whirl and see what you think.