• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:24:00 PM)|
Comment: All these so-called "thug" rappers out there need to pay their respects to Kool G. Rap. With DJ Polo on his side, G. Rap basically invented the whole "thug"-style of rap. And while mediocre, boring imitators seem to get all the props; G. Rap has yet to receive the due he deserves. Now he's back on Rawkus and ready show those imitators how it's done. G. Rap was the first and still is the best at the whole "thug" thing and he shows no signs of slipping on "The Streets". Although the production is lacking, G. Rap's rhymes about the problems you might come across in the streets work well. With some better production on his side (e.g. "Gunz Blazing" with UNKLE and "Legendary Street Team" with M.O.P.) Kool G. Rap will be able to make a bigger and better return onto the hip-hop scene.