• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
Name: truvet (Posted: 12/31/2003 7:30:00 PM)
Summary: What Happened To S.V.
Comment: Wow they really fell off!
|Name: Paul (Posted: 11/20/2002 10:18:00 PM)|
Comment: Hmm, the use of the drum break used in De La Soul's "Me Myself And I" is surprisingly nice here. The atmospheric, jazzy samples in the background from LacksiDaisyCal work nicely with the break as well. If you don't feel like either dancing or nodding your head, you need help. Too bad the rhymes bring the track down. Slum Village were never great MC's, but Jay-Dee's production usually worked well with their rhymes. However, "Friday Night" is begging for some better rhymes. It's the typical party stuff, but Slum doesn't keep it very interesting. The flows are awkward, the rhymes are trite, and the MC's seem to be all over the place. Listen to it for the beat, but be warned: the lyrics leave something to be desired.