• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 5|
Name: returnofthemega (Posted: 4/27/2005 4:05:00 AM)
Summary: More L.E.! More Madlib!
Comment: I like Madlib. I like the Detroit style. Perfect combination for me. I wouldn't expect these brothers to win any battles, going by these particular verses. These are "fun" verses. However, they don't mess up the track with some erratic off beat flow. Tell a friend.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 3/16/2005 12:34:00 PM)|
Comment: Madlib is beyond anything. It's criminal that the guy doesn't produce outside of his own personal projects more. Which is why his turn behind the boards on "High" is a little lacking. It's not terrible, but the beat sounds more like a Jay-Dee b-side than the lo-fi genius he's known for. Lawless Element are fairly typical MC's that tread that middle ground between battle and thug raps. One of them even sounds a bit like Big L, minus L's ridiculous talent. "High" is alright, but what could have been could have been so much more.
Name: Maize21 (Posted: 3/3/2005 1:32:00 PM)
Comment: This is definitely one of the hardest tracks I have heard from Madlib. The track was very uplifting and the flow and charisma of these two new artists match the production nicely. They fit like a glove.
Name: J-SLUM (Posted: 3/1/2005 1:45:00 AM)
Summary: Get 'Em High
Comment: Very hot Madlib beat. The drum pattern is crazy and Lawless Element flows along with it effortlessly.
Name: djplanet (Posted: 2/28/2005 12:10:00 PM)
Comment: Hey I think the needle is skipping! But seriously folks, I didn't like this one at all. Madlib is one of the best beatsmiths we know and I've heard so many brilliant and dope beats from him that have yet to surface, so it really confuses me to think that Madlib releases some shit like this. Vocals are pretty mind numbing as well. I wouldn't recommend this one at all.