• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3.7 Stars)||Total Comments: 4|
Name: returnofthemega (Posted: 4/27/2005 4:02:00 AM)
Summary: About Time
Comment: I'm not really all that super impressed with the lyrics, but whatever. Overall this song is dope. The verses don't take away from the track. The flow is solid on that note. I like beat, don't LOVE it but hey, it got me moving. Most hip hop makes me mad cause it's not soulful. Just a bunch of robot loner rap.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 3/16/2005 12:34:00 PM)|
Comment: Magnif's production on "Rules, Pt. 2" sounds more Madlib than Madlib does on "High." As well, the jazzy beat possesses that certain quality that early Slum Village had, that is the effect of being both danceable and chin-stroking. Lawless Element still don't do much to distinguish themselves as MC's, but their flows glide slickly over the bounce of the beat. Solid work for sure.
Name: J-SLUM (Posted: 3/1/2005 1:51:00 AM)
Summary: Take It Back
Comment: Another banger. Very smooth vibe kinda old school Jay Dee/Tribe sounding beat. Couple that with a Slum Village esque flow from the first cat. Hot track overall.
Name: djplanet (Posted: 2/28/2005 12:15:00 PM)
Comment: Now this one is a lot better. Lawless Element shine here mainly because the beat is nice and now they sort of sound like Slum Village to me. And producer Magnif makes a better beat than Madlib! Damn shame. Recommended.