• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: deadlytruthz (Posted: 11/4/2005 9:20:00 AM)
Summary: Ha Ha @ Mic Stylz
Comment: this cat is back and forth from Boston to Maine because he keeps getting beef in both spots, if you heard his sad lyrics on all the maine mixtapes he has done, you'd laugh too. Esoteric! Man what are you doing?
|Name: Slang (Posted: 10/13/2005 2:29:00 PM)|
Comment: Upon seeing the title, I thought to myself, “‘Bringin' It Back?’ Another emcee stuck in the past trying to send the art backwards instead of pushing it forward? Ughh…” About 10 seconds in, however, I was disproved; Mic Stylz begins with an accurate critique of rap's current state and an elegant portrayal of the glory days, "where the media only recognized rap as a phase." The production on this cut is also quite dope, consisting of Premo-esque drums and chopped piano rolls. Aside from the corny hook, this track is one of the dopest with its given subject matter. Don't sleep on this vinyl.
Name: Unxpekted (Posted: 10/6/2005 7:39:00 PM)
Summary: Didnt Expect It
Comment: I was hestitant to cop a track with Esoteric on it. Glad I did. Not a huge fan of his voice and delivery but he isn't bad. Mic Stylz gets 5 stars for his verses on this track. He proves lyrically powerful, conistent and knowledgable on what he speaks. The whole production and idea of the track is beautiful. The ol' school MC's should be proud of the subjects they bring to the microphone. Nice scratches and I love the Jeru "Come Clean" voice sample. Definitly cop this!