BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(5 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: Alkolitro (Posted: 9/9/2005 12:49:00 PM)
Summary: Good Adaptation
Comment: Only the good rappers can do an adaptation like this one. Gotta hear it!
Name: Gene Yuss (Posted: 4/15/2005 1:29:00 PM)
Summary: This Is Street Music..
Comment: Some may see this track as an adaptation of a classic. I on the other hand see this as a classic adaptation. This really can't fall into the "cover" category, because the themes are completely different. Using another artist's work, and doing it well is one of the ultimate compliments anyone in this industry can ever give. I guess some just lack the ability to feel it.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 8/31/2004 1:55:00 PM)|
Comment: Hip-hop covers have always been a bad idea. A few have added something new to the original, including Mos Def's cover of Slick Rick's "Children's Story." But remember the In The Beginning There Was Rap compilation? Hey, M.O.P....errr...The Marxmen, if I wanted to hear The Geto Boys's "Mind Playing Tricks On Me," I'd listen to their version. This is pointless. But wait, you changed "my mind's playing tricks on me" to "i've got my nine and two clips" on me. Oh, how clever. Don't even bother with this.