• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 4|
Name: round_deh_way_girl (Posted: 4/9/2005 6:35:00 AM)
Summary: Close To The Edge
Comment: Ha Ha! Does he ever catch a breath? It's a hot joint.
Name: Shelby_0223 (Posted: 11/30/2004 2:08:00 PM)
Comment: Anything and everything that Mos Def touches is a hip-hop classic. Bringing the heads their medicine. The lyrics are on point. They all talk fast and think slow! This is Mos Def Fo’ Sho!
|Name: Slang (Posted: 8/11/2004 8:22:00 PM)|
Comment: Compared to the content in his older tracks, Mos comes off very violent in this track (which is actually pretty sick!). It's no secret that Mos has developed a fetish for bongos recently, yet I guess I never knew about this futuristic, horror-movie-accordion fetish. Overall- the beat is sickening, the lyrics are gutter, and Mos has certainly NOT fallen off. As an old Rawkus head, the minor discrepancy I can find anywhere is the "Draft Records" title. Don't sleep family; "He's baaaaaaaaack..."
Name: kasual5 (Posted: 8/6/2004 10:44:00 AM)
Comment: I really considered sending hate mail to Mos for making me wait for his return. You can act but damn! I saw this when he performed it on Dave Chappelle and I was blown by his flow. The beat leaves much to be desired, but it does shove Mos to the forefront, a good cut.