• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: wunderman (Posted: 9/18/2005 1:42:00 AM)
Summary: Tired Lyrics, Nice Beat
Comment: This song has classic potential all but for the emcees, who did a poor job of bringin' out the essence of the soulful backdrop. Kinda reminds me of waking up excited to jump in the shower with a mystery woman- water sounds lovely, until I pull back the curtains and see this fat, old, ugly bitch with one tooth screamin jump in. Kind of what these rappers did. Messin' up the scene and all. Know what I'm sayin. Damn!
|Name: Slang (Posted: 3/15/2005 2:43:00 PM)|
Comment: This may not be classic Pete Rock, but it certainly is Pete at his smoothest. Melodic bass, flute, and percussion go well with rhyming style of this track: laidback but on point. I'm not really feeling the lyrics, but on jams like this lyrics aren't the primary concern. If you are partaking in the behavior advocated in this cut, you probably won't understand the lyrics anyway. Well worth a few listens for the beat alone.
Name: Leather neck (Posted: 3/7/2005 6:21:00 PM)
Summary: Hot Beat, Poor Lyrics
Comment: I only gave this track a thumbs up because of the chill backdrop provided by the Soul Brother #1. Definitely something you could chill and listen to when your smoked out. The lyrics are average at best though and leave much to be desired.