• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
|Name: Phayde (Posted: 5/17/2004 7:46:00 PM)|
Comment: Bronx native Oktober pays homage to the capital of the world on "NYC," the first single off his forthcoming album “Project: Building.” Over Frequency's guitar-heavy beat laced with a James Brown sample, the 2 for 5 member details the happenings of life in the city, taking listeners through the streets of the Big Apple and schooling them on the way. While Oktober won't be taking home the award for Most-Original-Concept, he does say his piece effectively, whereas other emcees spitting on the same subject could easily come across as unoriginal and redundant. Check this one out, and cop the 12" vinyl single- backed with "Sounds Like Drama"- at the online store.
Name: SHikai3 (Posted: 5/14/2004 1:54:00 PM)
Summary: Beat Is Butter
Comment: Standard 2 for 5 throwback lyrics. Go '93 yo, its the thing to do but hey do it nicely, the beat is butter.
Name: wunderman (Posted: 5/14/2004 3:11:00 AM)
Summary: "official Nyc-anthem"
Comment: This new joint by Oktober reminds me of New Jack City the movie.