• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: DJ Sho Nuff (Posted: 5/24/2006 4:24:00 PM)|
Comment: Pseudo Slang is the Buffalo crew consisting of Tone Atlas (big ups to any hip hop crew who pays tribute to former Mr. USA’s turned WWF tag team champion) and Emcee Sick. Recently signed to Fat Beats Records (known for being selective and inking only quality acts), Pseudo Slang drop their debut single “Broke & Copascetic” from their upcoming album, We’ll Keep Looking. And quite honestly, it’s an easy song to review. In a word, it sounds refreshing. The sonic backdrop is a floating, jazzy beat and the lyrics are smooth as the two emcees trade “can you top my chill flow” verses. The icing on the cake is Vinia’s hook-friendly voice, as it sounds custom suited for the chorus. The Common circa 1994 influence is apparent and even celebrated as he is shouted out (“when records spin at the joint sort of like when Lopo dropped Common’s ‘Introspective’”) and sampled (“Yeaahh”). Bonus trivia fact: Tony Atlas aka The Black Atlas pinned Hulk Hogan in 1981 at Madison Square Garden.