• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Shade (Posted: 6/7/2006 6:46:00 PM)|
Comment: Growing up with such hip-hop heroes as ATCQ, Main Source, PR & CL SMooth, EPMD, Gangstarr and others, my musical aesthetic was shaped and cured early on. I'd say the bar was set high from the get-go, so my ears weren't easily entertained, unless the vibe was on par with the previously mentioned rollcall. All these years later, the same still stands when it comes time for me to review new records. Fortunately, this one from Pseudo Slang hits the mark. The single is quality. I appreciate the jazz-inflected samples and the nicely cut up scratch chorus. No, it ain't trying to sound like a Work of Mart -- it just sounds dope.