• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(3.5 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: genius casta (Posted: 3/2/2007 6:47:00 PM)
Comment: It's not that bad. It's nothing like old Tribe joints but it's better than what else is on the radio. I mean I'd rather hear this than some Lil' Jon or any crunk sh*t.
|Name: Daryl Stoneage (Posted: 10/19/2005 11:49:00 AM)|
Comment: Q-Tip is one of my favorite emcees back in the day and probably one of the most recognizable voices in hip-hop. But unfortunately, like most fans, when the style starting changing for the worse and The Love Movement album came out in ‘98, I just couldn't follow where he was going. Fans of A Tribe Called Quest might get a little nostalgic with some familiar styles and flows but it's kind of hard to swallow this R&B sounding beat. I don't know if he's more interested in his acting career right now then getting back to his roots, but the feeling that I get is that he's just trying to get something on the radio and in the clubs that will boost him into another Will Smith or Mos Def. Regardless of what I think of this song, he is still Q-Tip and he is one of the pioneers, so for that I give thanks. I just wish that "Original" was a little more original.
Name: Big 3J (Posted: 9/27/2005 12:24:00 AM)
Summary: Takes You Back.
Comment: This song takes you back to the old Tribe days. Q-Tip is still doing his thing.