• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 3|
Name: *harmoniac_musician* (Posted: 5/2/2003 9:40:00 AM)
Summary: I Love This Kat!!!
Comment: Kweli is now and probably always be one of the greatest lyricists and he is one of the best at delivering his lyrics... which is not always easy! This joint is pretty hot. However, the beat could use a little bit more work. The beat is too simple. It doesn't build into anything!
Name: Makem (Posted: 1/30/2003 1:12:00 AM)
Summary: Lyrical Spirit...
Comment: Kweli always had it, but he doesn't pour emotion into it like he used to. He's no sellout, if you wanna check a dope ass white rapper peep AWOL One or Prime.
|Name: Shambhala (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:24:00 PM)|
Comment: I used to be a real big Kweli fan back in the day, but bottom line: I don't think he's flipping it these days like he used to. I remember hearing "High Drama" with Mike Zoot and having real high expectations for his album, most of which didn't really get fulfilled. That being said, he's still a dope emcee who's doing his own thing on his own topics, which is no doubt to be respected, and there's no way to deny that the man has good lyrical content. "My ability got more niggas in new york running than Hillary," is a dope line, and he's got a couple others in this cut, but I'm not really feeling the beat (the horns at the end are dope... why not drop that sample throughout the song?).