• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: high-c (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:23:00 PM)|
Comment: I believe it’s undisputed that the name alone, ‘Wayne Live,’ is straight wack. But, once you get past the questionable moniker, you’ll find this plate to be pretty nice. Actually, “pretty nice” is a downright understatement. I personally love this 12" which comes equipped with two very-playable, jazz-flavored tracks. 'Think U Jammin’s' simple, yet solid production keeps the neck bending, while the smooth flows lead you to each finely-cut, scratch-hook. My only complaint is the cat on the intro, who sounds like he knocked back a few drinks and decided to speak on his beef with the FCC. But you can bypass that little issue by playing the radio-friendly version (which I always do). And although the B-side, 'The Livest One,' sounds a lot like '...Jammin,' it’s still very worthy of a spin or two. So give it up for old Wayne who, despite the namesake handicap, rises to the top with one quality piece of wax.