BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Barry McGee: Things Are Getting Better
No Longer Available
Influenced by '70s and '80s graffiti, tramp art, Mexican muralists, and the Beat culture of his native San Francisco, painter Barry McGee has been lionized by the hardest-core graffiti fans and world-class museum curators alike. His meticulous lettering, melancholy figures, and innovative use of colors have earned him cult-icon status around the world, and his renowned body of work can be credited for bridging the gap between "street art" and "high art." McGee's solo shows have included the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (1998), the UCLA Hammer Museum in Los Angeles (2000), Deitch Projects in New York (1999 and 2001), the 49th Biennale in Venice (2001), the Fondazione Prada in Milan (2002), the Deste Foundation in Athens (2004), and John Kaldor Projects in Melbourne (2004).
Things Are Really Getting Better is the name of McGee's most recent solo exhibition at the Museum Het Domein in the Netherlands. The 178-page catalogue provides a comprehensive view of the artist's career-from his early work on the streets and in handmade zines to his latest installations featuring eye-popping geometry, upended vehicles, and mechanized taggers. It's the most expansive and complete study of McGee's work to date.
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help