BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
No Longer Available
SummaryKaren Dalton was a remote, elusive creature. A hybrid of tough and tender with an unearthly voice that seemed to embody a time long past. As is often the case with such fragile beings, she instinctively understood that the only way to survive the harshness of the world around her, was to keep herself hidden. So it comes as no great surprise that she rarely sang in public or ventured into the unnatural setting of a recording studio. Only twice, for 1969's It's So Hard To Tell Who's Going To Love You The Best and then again for 1971's In My Own Time, was she coaxed from her habitat into the studio. Other times she made music in casual settings, sitting around a kitchen table or wood burning stove with her friends, singing and playing until daybreak.
In 1966, Carl Baron brought his reel to reel over to her remote cabin in Summerville, Colorado and recorded one of those exquisite musical evenings. Karen and Richard Tucker were rehearsing for a gig when Carl hit the "Record" button. The result is a 45-year-old tape, carefully exhumed, documenting Karen at her most raw and unfiltered. On it are Fred Neil and Tim Hardin songs we've never heard Karen give voice to before, as well as traditional songs she uncannily makes her own, including a devastating version of 'Katie Cruel', that is so powerful, it is as if the ghost of Katie Cruel seeped into her blood. This recording is a window to her Summerville cabin opened, allowing us to eavesdrop on Karen Dalton at her most pure and unaffected.
Features Karen solo on banjo and guitar, plus 4 duets with Richard Tucker. Many never heard before covers including 'Reason To Believe' & 'Don't Make Promises' by Tim Hardin, and 'Other Side To This Life' by Fred Neil. KD at her most intimate and unfiltered.
CD Booklet containing beautiful, unseen photos (including Karen with Fred Neil and Tim Hardin), and a 3500 word essay by Ben Edmonds (MOJO, & currently working on a biography of Tim Hardin)
|1. ||Reason To Believe|
|3. ||Cotton Eyed Joe|
|4. ||Green Rocky Road|
|5. ||Don't Make Promises|
|6. ||Other Side To This Life|
|7. ||God Bless The Child|
|8. ||Little Bit Of Rain|
|9. ||While You're On Your Way|
|11. ||Misery Blues|
|12. ||Mole In The Ground|
|13. ||Shiloh Town|
Vinyl LP | $21.50
CD | $15.99
Vinyl LP | $26.50
'In My Own Time'
Vinyl LP | $23.50
'In My Own Time'
CD | $15.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help