• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
1/21/2008 9:00:00 AM)Location:
UGHH World HQ
For years I let the El-P beef (Sole's 'Dear Elpee' vs. CoFlow's 'Linda Tripp') cloud my opinion on Sole, causing me to never look at his music with an open mind... and I was dead wrong for doing so. While I understand how fans of 'straight up' hip hop can't get into Sole, if you're open to dischordance, fusion, abstraction, misanthropy, severe sarcasm, biting social criticism, and an electonic-punk-hop aesthetic (whatever that means) you might love this album. Check 'Poor Is Cool', 'Dream About Afghanistan Or Oakland' and 'Class Action Suit Against Earth'. If you wrote off Sole like I did back in the day but love hip hop that hovers on the creative outer realms of the culture, do yourself a favor and give the kid another chance.