BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
MC Shan: Q.B. O.G.: The Best Of MC Shan
|You Save:||$1.99 (12%)|
No Longer Available
SummaryM.C. Shan is a pioneer and epic figure in Hip Hop history. The original Queensbridge MC, as a teen he was signed to Cold Chillin' Records and joined his cousin/producer/NYC radio personality, Marley Marl's legendary Juice Crew.
After releasing the classic 12"s "Beat Biter" and "Jane, Stop This Crazy Thing," Shan's debut album Down By Law dropped in 1987 on Cold Chillin'. Shan found himself a key player in the noted rivalry the 'Bridge Wars' between his Juice Crew and Boogie Down Productions. The feud was started when Shan and Marley released a song called "The Bridge" (a B-Side to "Beat Biter," itself an answer record directed at L.L. Cool J.) KRS-One/BDP responded with "South Bronx," and Shan & Marley replied with "Kill That Noise," giving Down By Law even more legs.
Shan's second album, Born To Be Wild, followed in 1988 and revealed a more B-Boy persona of Shan, with production once again by Marley Marl and boasting the title cut and the hit "Juice Crew Law." 1990's Play it Again, Shan displayed a more mature style, but it proved to be his last full length.
This collection culls all the above singles as well as the 12" vinyl only releases "Cocaine," "A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste" off the Colors Soundtrack as well as the super rare "Even If I Tore It," the B-Side of "Time For Us To Defend Ourselves."
The package is rounded off with exclusive previously unseen vintage photographs from the original Down By Law shoot by George DuBose.
|11. ||A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste|
Producer: Marley Marl
|14. ||Time For Us To Defend Ourselves (Mr. Cee Defending Remix)|
Producers: Mr. Cee; Outloud
|Kool G Rap & DJ Polo|
'Street Stories: The B…'
CD | $16.99
|Kool G Rap & DJ Polo|
CD | $14.99
|Big Daddy Kane|
'Long Live The Kane'
CD | $14.50
|Big Daddy Kane|
'It's A Big Daddy Thin…'
CD | $15.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
10/15/2012 10:39:00 AM; Partial IP: 157.141.44)Location:
good compilation of tracks...but I noticed in your item summary that you say it contains the track even if I tore it...but you don't get this track on the cd
4/18/2012 10:29:00 PM; Partial IP: 22.214.171.124)Location:
How many MC Shan re-releases does the world need?? These are dope tracks but I am tired of these releases,,,
Watkinz Da General
3/14/2012 1:31:00 AM; Partial IP: 20.231.253)Location:
Clayton NC USA
Imma BIG MC Shan fan! CLASSIC!
Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help