BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
|You Save:||$2.99 (17%)|
No Longer Available
SummaryThe Mattson 2 have been playing together since they were conceived- as it should be for twins- and they've been playing their brand of jazz for nearly as long. The idea that Ray Barbee, guitarist extraordinaire, should team up with the Mattsons gestated much more recently. Both the twins and Barbee share a lot of commonalities: clean, fluid musicianship, a love of jazz in all its forms, and recording for Galaxia. It seemed inevitable that sooner or later they would collaborate on something special.
So, how did they meet? Barbee would be playing with his own band and every now and then the Mattsons would also happen to play the same gig- so a mutual appreciation soon developed. As the twins started recording the songs that would become Introducing the Mattson 2, they kicked around the idea to have Barbee play on a track for the record. That initial recording went so well that the three began to write and practice with a whole album in mind. This is the result.
This release includes a limited-edition bonus DVD titled How Did that explores the meeting and collaboration between Barbee and the Mattson 2. Directed by Tyler Manson (VBS.tv/ Current.tv) and featuring Thomas Campbell, Tommy Guerrero, and Geoff Mcfetridge, this mini-documentary includes interviews, footage of the making of the album, live performances, and the history of Galaxia Records.
Barbee has two solo releases, Triumphant Procession and In Full View, as well as two with Blktop Project (with Guerrero, Matt Rodriguez, and Chuck Treece). This is the second release for the Mattson 2.
|12. ||"How Did": Ray Barbee Meet The Mattson 2 And Other Historical Galaxia Dribble by Tyler Manson|
Producer: Tyler Manson
'Don't Throw Me Away'
CD | $15.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help