BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
No Longer Available
SummaryA leading Latin American centre of radical propaganda painting since 1940 - reflected chiefly through public murals - Chile is now home to a unique and extraordinarily vibrant street art scene. Since the end of the Pinochet dictatorship in 1990, Chile has embraced an era of new freedoms, clearly reflected through the prism of publicly accessible art forms. Today, old school muralists can be seen next to contemporary graffiti writers; each exhibiting a unique style yet sharing a rebellious spirit. Since 2000, politically engaged street art has cross-fertilized with graffiti to create a multi-faceted and rapidly developing panorama of politically didactic and ironically post political street art. In the Chile of today, Latin American propagandistic traditions encounter the rebelliousness of worldwide graffiti; the outcome is an approachable yet defiantly anarchic street art that plays a central role in the fabric of Chilean society and culture as reflected by the artful urban colorful expressions of adorned cityscapes.
Book | $49.99
|Soren Solkaer Starbir…|
Book | $49.95
Book | $24.99
|Beats To The Rhyme: A…|
Book | $24.97
Book | $9.99
Book | $20.98
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
6/23/2008 5:35:00 PM; Partial IP: .223.12.11)Location:
santiago de chile
hola soy el autor del la pintura que esta en portada del libro,
espero tener una edicion del libro street art para la coleccion de mis trabajos.
mi contacto es:
6/14/2008 2:41:00 AM; Partial IP: .21.170.80)Location:
I think this is a great idea for a book...I was in chile and spent some time with some of the artists in this book... I just hope some of the money that this author is going to receive goes to the artists he's using in his book, or that he at least gives credit where it's due.
Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help