BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
No Longer Available
SummaryClick-clack – click-clack – click-clack: The beat of riding on a train before the invention of pneumatic suspension was no jazz. But combined with the landscape passing by the window its steady pulsing beat had consequences: digressing thoughts, imagination kicking in – roll it!
This principle can be heard on Saroos' third album. The three band members, who live in Berlin and Munich, toured Italy by train numerous times. They liked it a lot, they say. You travel more slowly, you tour at low revs, with enough click-clack to make it click in the head.
Take "Tsalal Nights". A rhythm, straight as if drawn with a sewing machine, yet the music lets your brain whir casually and playfully in all sorts of directions. Retro-futurism in a slightly psychoactive form – more H.P. Lovecraft than Jules Verne.
"Spiaggia di Pluto" throbs in extraterrestrial chill, but with the stylish coolness of a Kubrick-Space-Lounge in the year "2001", whereas 'Kraken Mare" lets the listeners float through a sea of glacial sounds – and then, in the closing moments, tugs them in a rhythmic eddy.
Compared to their earlier albums, the beat seems so unrestrained that the sound has sufficient room. Sometimes jungle-electro-exotica wobbles through the undergrowth of sound in elliptic circles ("Willow"), sometimes the foghorn strikes up a savage dub ("Seadance"), as if King Tubby was circulating through the analogue nirvana after a particularly massive spliff.
This makes the album not only more organic, but also more social. More man, less machine. When guests came round in the studio, the samplers remained turned off. This, of course, leaves marks. Not all as big as Fenster's Tadklimp, who contributed a bagful of sounds and had his fingers on the mixing console. Whoever expected a jam album from Saroos? But this is it.
|1. ||Henderson Island|
|3. ||Tsalal Nights|
|7. ||Spiaggia Di Pluto|
|8. ||Morning Way|
|10. ||Kraken Mare|
'The Messier Objects'
Vinyl LP | $23.50
'The Messier Objects'
CD | $16.99
'See Me Not'
Vinyl LP | $18.99
'See Me Not'
CD | $13.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help