BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Black VinylVinyl EP Record
No Longer Available
SummaryGoing on five years after the release of the highly superior debut album YoYoYoYoYo, mastermind Spank Rock aka Naeem Juwan touched ground with the sophomore full-length, the excellently titled 'Everything Is Boring and Everyone Is a Fucking Liar', due in September.
Featuring production mostly handled by Boys Noize in addition to single-shot offerings from the Neptunes' Pharrell Williams, original Spank Rock producer XXXchange, well known super-producer Mark Ronson, as well as Sam Spiegel aka Squeak E. Clean of N.A.S.A. and Chris Rockswell.
The first single comes with a little aural accompaniment in the shape of 'Energy', which ditches synthetic sheen to sample Can's Vitamin C. "I need new energy," runs the chorus, showing Juwan's vision for 2011.
Alongside the original track four remixers excellently joining the party:
The first remix delivered by JAN DRIVER out from the Boysnoize Rec. camp is showing us the deep and hidden side of the track. While the female vocals operating in the shadow background, the army of trumpets rising in the front forcing you against the wall.
The second remix on digital release by the New Yorkers WIN WIN (XXXchange group) starts with a cocktail and a cool summerbreeze just right to that moment after 2 min (!), where a siren bursts in, turning into a frenetic laserbeam. But instead of a 4/4 beat climax the track suddenly drops, setting the energy and your mind free..wonderful !!
THE GLIMMERS (Studio !K7/Diskimo), who have already remixed favs like Freddy Mercury and Roxy Music so far, are pushing the track back where it belongs - to the dancefloor. It sounds like Soft Cell and Human League have embraced Bootsy Collin's bassguitar competing for space with Juwan's energetic voice flow, addictive.
While on the other hand their second version called DG DISKO, sends out a discodriven spaceship for us to join Juwan's 2011 odyssee. You can even make out the stars and visualise Spank Rock riding through the galaxy.
We need new energy, we need Spank Rock, now!
|2. ||Energy (Jan Driver Remix)|
|3. ||Energy (DG Disko Remix)|
|4. ||Energy (Win Win Remix)|
'Everything Is Boring …'
Vinyl LP | $25.50
'Everything Is Boring …'
CD | $13.99
CD | $14.99
CD | $12.50
'Sweet Talk/ Sweet Tal…'
Vinyl Single | $13.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help