BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Black VinylVinyl LP Record
No Longer Available
- w/ Bonus Album Digital Download
- 180g Vinyl
SummaryThe Black Angels third album, and first release on Blue Horizon, is the highly anticipated Phosphene Dream, which is set to come out on September 14th. Phosphene Dream marks a giant leap forward for the band. Produced and mixed by Dave Sardy (Oasis, Wolfmother, Band of Horses, Black Mountain) over a period of six months in Los Angeles, the album shows off both sonically and musically a bold new direction for The Black Angels, a fresh take on the neo-Psychedelic movement they've been at the forefront of for years. The band is featured in the UNKLE song "With You In My Head", which is played during the most pivotal scene in the hugely popular film, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. The song is also featured on the film's recently released soundtrack.
While past albums Passover and Directions to See a Ghost were recorded in the band's hometown of Austin, Texas, the process by which Phosphene Dream was created pulled the band out of their comfort zone and forced them to look at songwriting and recording in a way they never had before. Years of non-stop worldwide touring have turned The Black Angels into a tightly wound unit, and those years of work are all on showcase here. The band plans to celebrate the release with more years of touring, starting at the end of August where the band will be playing the Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK, Rock en Seine in Paris, and the highly coveted Jim Jarmusch curated stage at ATP in NYC.
Seymour Stein commented, "Great musicianship and performers, mesmerizing vocals, and songs that penetrate the subconscious. That's the best way to describe Black Angels, our first signing to Blue Horizon records. In every way the band is the perfect choice to re-launch to this iconic label."
Richard Gottehrer continued on, "Everyone was so receptive when we announced we were bringing Blue Horizon back. We hope they share in our excitement for the great things we have in store in modernizing this label to serve as a source of music from emerging artists across genres."
|2. ||Haunting At 1300 McKinley|
Producer: D. Sardy
|The Black Angels|
CD | $13.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help