BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
The Glass: At Swim Two Birds
Add to cart
SummaryOnce two musical scallywags jaeger-bombing their way around the East Village in spray-on jeans and worn out sneakers, The Glass have refined their lifestyle and sound and have come up with their long awaited debut album At Swim Two Birds. Recorded in both New York and Berlin, the album speaks from both cities.
The Glass are Dominique Keegan and Glen 'DJ Wool' Brady, Dominique a New Yorker who runs the Plant Music label with partner Stretch Armstrong, Glen living in Berlin where he runs the label We Collect Enemies and releasing music under his DJ Wool moniker. They both are originally from Dublin and joined one another to form The Glass in 2004. Since then they have released many singles, the first of which were showcased on The Sound of Young New York compilations (which Dominique compiled and the duo mixed).
At Swim Two Birds is their first full-length album. It is both an electronic album and a pop record, fusing the freshest production with catchy music and choruses. Disco, Rock, House and Techno power soft and almost melancholy vocals with some slower moodier songs giving way to faster paced dance anthems like last year's single "Wanna Be Dancin" and their new single "Four Four Letter". The Glass have been remixed by Mylo, 2020 Soundsystem, Nadatrom, In Flagranti and more recently (on their new single) by DFA's Black Van and House music legend Ian Pooley.
Several tracks on the album are co produced by London's Jagz Kooner (Primal Scream, Manic Street Preachers) and Peter Wade (Jennifer Lopez, Santana, Lindsey Lohan). The band's influences are varied and at times contradictory; they have been immersed in club music as DJs since the 90s; yet any overly upbeat impulses in their music gets reigned in by the spell of rainy and gray Dublin. The Glass used to perform live as a four piece with Leah Shapiro (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) on drums and Kurt Uenala (Kap10Kurt) on bass but the duo now have stripped their show down to a two-man performance with Glen on beats, samples and keys and Keegan on vocals and occasionally guitar. Their new show promises to go back to the basics using vintage analog 303s, modular synths and keyboards fused with live vocals to create a truly live electronic pop experience.
CD | $11.99
'Feelin/ Feelin (Remix…'
Vinyl Single | $9.99
'Here He Comes/ Here H…'
Vinyl Single | $9.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help