BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
|You Save:||$2.48 (14%)|
Add to cart
SummaryHere it is! This is the monster lost funk album from 1976 that features Willis Jackson, George Benson, and Ann Winley on a bunch of super-funky, tripped-out, straight-blunted and often sampled cuts full of breaks. Worth buying for the track "Smokin' Cheeba-Cheeba" alone (used by Eric B and Rakim, Genius, Medina Green, Smif-N-Wessun and of course Tone-Loc), the album also contains the great breakbeat version of "Ain't No Sunshine" with a tenor solo by Willis Jackson (used by A Tribe Called Quest, Beatnuts and Ghostface Killah), and the slow bluesy talking cut "Fed Up", a baaaad rap about a couple splitting up. Very dope.
Another reason to hear this record is the mystery behind it. Little is actually known. The cover says Willis Jackson and George Benson are the Harlem Underground Band along with singer Ann Winley, wife of Paul Winley, label owner and former member of the post-Atlantic Clovers, but many accounts say that there were a few other 'well known' and uncredited people in on the recording and that George Benson never actually played on any of the tracks. So who knows what's really happened back in 1976, but either way, the album has great grooves, whoever the guitar player is!
|The Mighty Tom Cats|
CD | $15.50
|George Benson & The H…|
CD | $11.99
'The Ballot Or The Bul…'
Vinyl LP | $12.99
'Death Mix 3'
CD | $13.99
'Death Mix 2'
CD | $12.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help