BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Various Artists: 69 Année Mélodique: Une Certaine Idée De La Variété Francaise 1964-1973
Black VinylVinyl LP Record
|You Save:||$3.99 (13%)|
No Longer Available
Summary• Collection of very rare and exclusive French pop songs from the 60s-70s, from major artists:, Serge Gainsbourg, Dalida, Jacques Dutronc, Jane Birkin, among others
• Inclues exclusive instrumental version of Serge Gainsbourg hit "Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais" and "Long sera l'hiver" from Sheila
• CD digipack with 28 pages booklet w/liner notes in English/French
• LP with double page inner sleeve with full liner notes in English/French
The popular history of French music in the 60s often pits two opposing sides against each other: the polished 'varieté' of the yéyé stars like Françoise Hardy against the socially-engaged singer-songwriters like Léo Ferré, but the story is far more complex.
Alongside their better-known work, stars like Dalida, Dutronc and Sheila recorded music that happily sits next to more 'serious' - and often forgotten - socially engaged artists like Jehan Jonas and Michèle Arnaud. This compilation shines a light on the meeting point between these two seemingly disparate styles and the musicians behind them.
Digging deeper into the stories behind the music there is a unifying theme behind the different worlds: more often than not the players behind both styles were the same. Sometimes dismissed as journeymen that were operating at the outer reaches of their ability, the oft-ignored session musicians and arrangers held a wealth of knowledge and 'savoir-faire', not only in the lyrics and composition but also in the musical ability, recording, mixing and above all in the arrangements.
Even Serge Gainsbourg - perhaps the only artist of the time who managed to combine huge popular and critical success - collaborated with arrangers (and cult figures in French music) like Michel Colombier and Jean-Claude Vannier for his epoch-defining classics, and it is the work of these unsung figures that is celebrated here.
|1. ||Michèle Arnaud - 'La chanson de Tessa'|
|2. ||Dalida - 'Je me repose'|
|3. ||Sheila (Jean Claudric) - 'Long sera l'hiver'|
|4. ||Jane Birkin - 'Kawasaki'|
|5. ||Christophe - 'The girl from Salina Part. 3'|
|6. ||Jacqueline Taïeb - 'Ce soir, je m'en vais'|
|7. ||Michel Colombier - 'Canon'|
|8. ||Ann Sorel - 'L'amour à plusieurs'|
|9. ||Jacques Dutronc - 'Proverbes'|
|10. ||Tonio Rubio - 'Bass In Action'|
|11. ||Jehan Jonas - 'Nocturnes'|
|12. ||Serge Gainsbourg - 'Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais'|
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help