BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
Wake b/w Lawrence Grey: Oakland Blackouts b/w Claustrophilia (SPLIT EP)
Black VinylVinyl EP Record
No Longer Available
- w/ Bonus Album Digital Download
SummaryWake - 'Oakland Blackouts'
"Oakland Blackouts started as a sort of afterthought. For a while, I had been interested in making a set of organic sounding electronic music that, while created using electronics, existed in an implied physical space. Most of the work that went into this EP focused on textural density, stereo and space manipulation, and subtle tuning of intensity through tempo and volume automation, which was a departure from my normal working process - a more hyper-edit based sequence programing composition workflow.
Unlike my other work, Oakland Blackouts was recorded in takes and played mostly live. Samples were mapped to MIDI controllers, and effects and automation were played in on faders. The synthesizers were largely (edited) live recordings made with hardware, including an analog modular synthesizer and a Yamaha FM synth from the 80s. The process behind this EP allowed freedom for improvisational compositional thought, and thus, (like a blackout) I barely remember making it."
Lawrence Grey - 'Claustrophilia'
Claustrophilia is a dance floor- oriented study in syncopation. The synthesizers, samples, tempos, and time signatures constantly evolve over the course of the five tracks. Though it can be enjoyed alone with a pair of headphones,it was designed it with a crowded, sweaty dance floor in mind.
|Wake - 'Oakland Blackouts'|
|Lawrence Grey - 'Claustrophilia'|
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help