BUY 1 OR 100+ ITEMS - ONLY $2.99 TO SHIP! * | FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CLOTHING! *USA ONLY
||CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-617-652-8222 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)|
No Longer Available
SummaryWhen WET played their first live sessions in 1999, their music was raw, untreated and loud. It was pure improvisation,inspired by 70's free-funk and albums like 'On The Corner' by Miles Davis. This not only applied to individual solos, but the music itself was created spontaneously. All they needed was a basic guideline to really 'get the thing goin'. Although based on traditional jazz instrumentation, their sound was clearly influenced by electronic music and artificial, psychedelic soundscapes. As the band experimented with numerous sound processors, electronic drums and mallets, the engineering gradually became an integral part of their live performances.
In order to maintain this energy on CD, their debut album 'Earthling' was composed by the entire band and recorded live at two studio sessions in Vienna. Rooted in tradition but also heading into the future 'recalls not only styles from the likes of Herbie Hancock, Chet Baker or Gerry Mulligan but also elements of today's music like Groove Armada or St. Germain. ' Founders Axel Hirn (also known for his work with the dub combo Noiseshaper) and Björn Klein set out to make not just another nu-jazz album with some jazzy flavours over contemporary dance music, but to create an original piece of music that is entirely based on improvisation.
This feat was made possible thanks to an outstanding group of musicians who participated in the project, some already established figures in the international jazz scene who have collaborated with artists like Natalie Cole and Joe Zawinul, amongst others. Finally, after recording the album, Axel added his own brand of dub-inspired madness, to give the Cookies a distinctive and unique dub vibe.
Making this album was an exciting journey with many choices to be made. Now it is over the listener to follow these, or quoting Winton Marsalis "Jazz, like any language, has its own grammer and vocabulary. There's no right or wrong, just some choices that are better than others."
To describe the hype ...it's fresh, it's cool it's like Miles Davis meets King Tubby.
|Up, Bustle & Out|
'City Breakers: 18 Fra…'
CD | $13.99
Reviews and Comments
• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this item.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this item, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Type to the left to leave a comment about this item - your comment will show right here!|Order Processing Details:
- Shopping with us is 100% safe using our secure order form!
- The more items you order, the cheaper shipping is per item.
- Every order submitted receives an order ID to view your order details at anytime.
- Most orders ship within 2 business days unless noted otherwise on the item detail page. Your entire order will ship together.
- USA orders ship via USPS with a tracking number and are given the option to ship:
Overnight: Guaranteed delivery 1 to 2 days after processing.
Priority: 2 to 3 days after processing.
First Class: Estimated 3 to 4 days after processing (shipments under 16 oz. are given this option).
Standard: Estimated 4 to 6 days after processing.
Flat Rate: Estimated 2 to 7 days (varies based on location) after processing.
- International orders ship via USPS Air Mail: Estimated delivery 7 to 14 business days after processing.
- We gladly accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- We also accept payment via Paypal, money orders, checks (USA customers only) & cash (US dollars).
For other frequently asked questions, please see our store help