Long Beach serial chiller Ahwlee is a beat vet who delivers smooth buttery samples with a nostalgic vibe. 1991 is a cult classic cassette now reissued for the first time. These tracks are dusty, mellow and easy-going. Don’t mistake mellow for boring, however, because Ahwlee’s production is nuanced and intricate underneath the minimalist overtones. There’s jazzed-up Rhodes all over the place, and the percussion work masterfully includes a ton of negative space in between perfectly chopped breaks. They’ll get your head nodding.
– Internet is made available to unrestricted commercial use and number of computers on the net reaches 1 million
– Linus Torvalds releases first version of the Linux operating system kernel
– The American Galileo spacecraft makes its closest approach to 951 Gaspra, becoming the first probe to visit an asteroid
– Microsoft Releases MS Dos 5.0
– Blue Roses produced by Genetic Engineering
-Tim Berners-Lee introduces the web browser.
– Ahwlee uses current technology to start recording 1991