Featuring a very special double cover of 2Pac and De La Soul, issue 10 also sees a change to a larger format. Our ’90s rap special is an ode to the decade that went from the Golden Era to being independent as f*ck.
Embracing the aesthetic of the 90s, issue 10 features a dual cover; the front an iconic shot of 2Pac in all his provocative glory, the back De La Soul dwarfed by a backdrop of the Big Apple.
In this issue:
– Big L
– De La Soul
– Black Star
– Pharoahe Monch
– Blak Twang
– DJ Muggs
– Souls of Mischief
– Periods in Rhyme â€“ illustrations by Anna Higgie, Dan Lish & Zander Gregson
– Industry Insider â€“ Deal Real Records
– 10 x 10 â€“ DJ Semtex, Jehst, Peanut Butter Wolf and more pick their favourite albums from the decade
– Printed Matter â€“ Finest Ego and Rap Pages Art Director Brent Rollins and HHC Editor Andy Cowan on the role of rap magazines
– It’s a Rap â€“ Jordan Ferguson investigates a purple patch for hip-hop in film