The Wailing Wailers burst onto the Jamaican music scene at the height of the ska era in 1964, recording nearly one hundred songs for producer Coxson Dodd’s ground-breakÂing Studio One imprint. They covered American pop and R&B hits and wrote heartbreakingly beautiful ballads and irresistible dance scorchers that sound as fresh today as they did 60 years ago.
This never before reissue of their legendary first album, features three immortals who went on to stupendously successful solo careers. Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Neville Livingston are joined by Junior Braithwaite, Vision Walker, Beverly Kelso, and Rita Marley in an unforgettable collection of Coxson’s finest productions.
– First reissue using the original 1965 Jamaican masters, tracklisting, and cover art
– Features three reggae immortals: Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Neville Livingston
– Contains hit track “Rude Boy” which established The Wailers as the leaders of the new reggae movement
– LP features unique Obi Strip with historical information to maintain integrity of original cover art
– The first in a series of reissues from renowned reggae label Studio One